What is SLU?
Check out the video below to get a preview of Student Leadership University.
Student Leadership University’s mission is to develop and equip student leaders to think, dream, and lead. We strive to instill future tense thinking; character-driven decision making; ownership of biblical values; and a commitment to influence through service.
"Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you." Joshua 3:5
"For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the LORD, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:9-10
"But sanctify the LORD God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." 1 Peter 3:15
We believe that God has called us to prepare the next generation to Think, Dream, and Lead through a challenging series of leadership training processes that equip them to have a Renaissance Mind, The Heart of a Patriot, The Soul of a Saint, The Discipline of a Champion and the Influence of a Leader.
We accomplish this vision through leadership adventures that are marketed through significant relationships across multiple denominational lines, delivered with excellence, and lead to a sustainable, long-term relationship.
- Our adventures include world-class, highly interactive events
- Ongoing curriculum and learning resources
- Bibles, books, and recommended reading
- Creative communications through technology and traditional deliverables
- Relational capital that is value-centric
- Systems that maximize our effectiveness and efficiencies
- Aggressive, relational funding
- Unyielding focus on introducing new students to SLU 101
Registration for the 101 and 201 programs for the summer of 2021 are open. At this time you can register for 301 & the 401 program in order to reserve your spot, but once SLU opens registration it will be on a first come basis until all slots are reserved.
SLUs must be completed in order 101, 201, 301, and 401. These programs are for students who will have completed 8th grade and up.
Register and make deposits here for SLU 2021!
SLU 101 June 27-July 2
$1,250 - $150.00 Due by November 13
SLU 101 provides a year’s worth of leadership development in just 4 days. This dynamic experience allows attendees to learn from world-class thought leaders in creative and participatory environments inside and outside of the conference room. SLU teaches each student practical and relational life skills to change the way they think, dream and lead at the feet of Jesus.
The registration price includes all conference meals, session materials, lodging, Disney and other adventure parks, and transportation and flights. Not included are any 4-5 meals not associated with SLU for travel and adventure park.APPLY
- All-Inclusive Stay in a Business Hotel
- Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Experiences at Sea World
- Rules and Tools of Leadership from World-Class Communicators
- Worldview Development from Leading Christian Apologists
- An Afternoon of Roller Coasters at Renowned Theme Parks
- Business Leadership Lessons from Top Level Executives
- Personality Assessment and Time and Goal Management
SLU 201 July 12-16
$1,350 - $150.00 Due by November 13 Building on the foundation of personal leadership learned at SLU 101, SLU 201 will put you in the heart of Washington, D.C. and equip you to lead as a citizen and catalyst for change. Experience the nation’s capital in a way most never will and witness the legacy of the Founding Fathers as you discover your own role in our society’s future.
- National Monuments
- The Holocaust Museum
- Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- The U.S. Capitol
- The Museum of the Bible
- The National Archives
The registration price includes all conference meals, session materials, rooming and lodging, and transportation with flights to and from the conference. Not included are 3-4 travel meals.
- Observe and meditate on the cost of freedom & honor through a private wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery
- Grapple with deep questions about justice in the shadow of the Holocaust
- Learn the power of legacy while exploring our national monuments
- Watch theology and culture intersect in the hall of Congress and faith lived out in the public square
- Understand your responsibility and calling to be a citizen
SLU 301 July 18-25 (Travel dates not included)
Price Pending - $350.00 Due by December 11
Inherit the Past. Shape the Future. Continue your leadership journey by learning to think bigger about the world as we dive deep into history around Europe. We want you to experience the sacrifices made in the past and consider the worldview of great philosophers who have paved the way for us. At SLU 301, you will learn you are called to shape history and leave a legacy for Jesus that is larger than yourself.
- Learn the meaning of sacrifice while standing on the beaches of Normandy
- Experience Paris by witnessing the art of history inspired
- Have a backstage pass into the lives of Churchill, Wesley, Newton, Dickens, and Bunyan
- Spend time walking around the famous Eiffel Tower
- Understand church history in St. Paul’s Cathedral, Wesley’s Chapel, and Notre Dame
- Explore the ideas that led C.S. Lewis to Christ inside Holy Trinity Church where he worshipped
- Dream like a history-maker
SLU 401 June 5-14 (Travel dates not included)
Price Pending - $350.00 Due by December 11
Leadership Begins at the Feet of Jesus. The final step of the SLU journey begins at the birthplace of our faith. After you walk through Scripture at SLU 401, in the footsteps of the most incredible servant leader and teacher our world has ever known, you will never read the Bible the same way again. Not only is faith brought to life but you will better understand your role in God’s redemptive story and that true leadership begins at the feet of Jesus.
- Mount Carmel
- Garden of Gethsemane
- Sea of Galilee
- Mount of the Beatitudes
- Mt. Nebo
- Follow the early life of Christ as you journey through the streets of Bethlehem and Nazareth
- Learn to face life’s storms while sailing the Sea of Galilee
- Kneel in prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane
- Stand strong in the face of the world while walking the Via Dolorosa
- Take communion outside the door of the empty tomb after seeing Calvary
- Write your role in God’s redemptive story, and learn to lead like Jesus