Kids Praise at First Baptist Church is a music program for children 3 years of age (as of September 1) through 5th Grade. Children do not have to be members of First Baptist to participate. It is a high-energy time - with age-relevant music! In addition to singing, choreography & instruments are incorporated into the program. The talented staff of directors and teachers are people who truly enjoy working with each child. For more information, please contact Stasha Savage, Children's Music Coordinator at email@example.com or 940-723-2764 extension 2169.
About Our MinistryOur desire is to see children fall in love with God and learn to worship him through song. We use a fun variety of music and instruments to draw them in and provide great opportunities for them to express praise through music in worship in Christmas and Spring musicals and local area ministry needs. If you have any questions, contact Stasha Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance OpportunitiesKids Praise choirs are given an opportunity to sing in our signature Christmas in the Falls event in December and in a spring musical, as well as singing in worship services. For larger programs that are staged and choreographed, auditions are held for the solo and drama parts.
Some of our musical goals include:
- Learn the basic musical concepts of rhythm, melody, form, harmony, expression and dynamics.
- Learn to move to music through choreography.
- Be given opportunities to play and experiment with melody and rhythm instruments.
- To learn to be creative through the use of art and drama.
- Learn to sing correctly.
- Learn to read musical notation.
- Learn to appreciate music and understand its purpose in the church.
How To Join
- Call the music office to let us know of your interest, and we can tell you how to get plugged in!
- Simply show up a few minutes early at any of the scheduled rehearsals.
- Send an email to SSavage@fbcwf.org with any particular questions that aren't answered here.
If your child has specific musical interests, you should also check out the Academy of Fine Arts.
Kids Meal Voucher Information and FAQ
Wednesday Schedule for families with young children
5:00 Family Meal begins in Fellowship Hall
5:30 Kids Praise Meal begins
5:40 Kids Praise begins (Age 3 through 5th Grade)
6:30 Adult Classes begin
6:30 Awana begins (Age 3 through 5th Grade)
8:00 All events conclude (Pick up for 1st-5th is in Fellowship Hall)
The Kids Praise Meal will be served promptly at 5:30 and Kids Praise will begin at 5:40. If your child is not present at 5:30, they will need to eat before or after the Wednesday Night children’s events. The regular family meal is served in Fellowship Hall area from 5:00-6:30. Kids Praise Meal Vouchers CANNOT be used to purchase meals in Fellowship Hall.
Purchase your Kids Meal Voucher in advance to avoid long lines!
They are available Sundays in the atrium or through the Music Ministry Office during the week. Kids Meal Vouchers will be available in the Preschool Play Hall and Kids Zone Reception Area on Wednesday Nights until 5:30 but to avoid long lines, it is recommended you purchase them in advance!
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Kids Meal Vouchers*
• Age 3 (as of Sept. 1)-2nd Grade Meal Vouchers: $45
• 3rd-5th Grade Meal Vouchers: $68 (BIG Kid sized meal!)
• Kids Meal Voucher Max per family: $140
*Above prices are for entire semesters. Call the Music Office for prorated costs. 940-723-2764
1. What is the Kids Praise Meal Menu?
Chick-Fil-A nuggets, chips, dessert, and a drink. We might occasionally vary the menu with pizza, especially when the end of the semester draws near. The Big Kids meal for children in 3rd-5th grade has double the nuggets.
2. How much will I be saving with the Kids Praise Meal?
Savings is about 13% per week versus the regular cost of the meal being offered in the Fellowship Hall. And that doesn’t even take the Family Maximum into consideration!
3. Can my younger child receive the Big Meal or can my older child receive the smaller meal?
Unfortunately, no. Because we feed so many children so quickly, we had to draw the line somewhere. We wish we could make individual accommodations, but it’s just not possible! If your child has specific needs, you should make arrangements to arrive early and eat in the fellowship hall or send a meal with your child.
4. If I don't use the voucher, can I pay each week so my child can be fed before Kids Praise?
Sure, but you MUST arrive by the 5:30 start time to purchase a meal that night. Just make sure you or your child has $4.00 (for preschool-2nd grade) or $6.00 (for 3rd-6th grade) at check-in and we'll make sure they have a meal that night. As a second option for you, you could arrive at 5:00 and eat with your child in Fellowship Hall.
5. Why does my child have to participate in Kids Praise to benefit from the meal?
The Kids Praise Meal allows parents to drop children off at Kids Praise, knowing that their kids will be fed while at the same time parents can enjoy a more leisurely meal with other adults in the Fellowship Hall.
6. Will I have to keep up with any paperwork or paper vouchers?
No. When you purchase your voucher, we keep an electronic record of your purchase. When your child checks in for Kids Praise each night, he will be given a sticker to be placed on his clothing that shows he will receive a meal. You don't have to keep up with anything!
7. Where do I bring my children for check-in?
Preschoolers and Kindergartners will check in on the first floor in the Preschool Place. 1st-5th graders will check in at the Kid Zone reception area on the third floor.
8. What if my child misses a week - will I be given a partial refund?
Sorry, but no. We just don't have the manpower for that! We feel that the discount is significant enough that you could miss a few weeks and still come out ahead. If you know that your child will miss half of the semester, you might want to consider just buying the meal each week. It will take a little longer each week at check-in, but might be better for you. See question #5 for more details.
9. If my kids are going to eat with me in the Fellowship Hall, can I purchase a voucher and use it there?
No, but you may still benefit from the weekly family maximum if you eat as a family. The Kids Praise Special is just for the meal that is served before Kids Praise. This meal will be served in the classroom and managed by Kids Praise leaders. We encourage you to eat together as a family, if you have 5:00 - 5:30 free. The meal is still a great deal no matter how you go about it!
11. Where do I pick up my children when the evening is over?
That requires a two part answer.
A. If your children are attending ONLY Kids Praise and NOT AWANA, the pickup spot is the Kids Praise classroom at 6:25 p.m.
B. If participating in both, preschool children may be picked up in their room on the first floor. Grade school children may be picked up in the Fellowship Hall.
12. ALLERGIES: My child is allergic to peanut products. How will this affect our Family Night at First?
It's true, Chick-Fil-A chicken and fries are cooked in peanut oil, so you may want to steer clear of those items if your child has peanut allergies. In that case, the Kids Praise Meal will probably not be a good deal for you. Your child may still eat with you in the Fellowship hall and simply choose other food items such as pizza. (see question 16 also) If your child is so allergic to peanut products that even being in the same room with peanut products causes a reaction, please make sure all Kids Praise and AWANA leaders are aware of this.
13. As an alternative to the Kids Praise Meal, may I send a sack lunch with my child to Kids Praise?
But of course! Just remember to send a drink and make sure the drink is clear, such as Sprite or water.