Special ActivitiesEvery boy and girl anticipates a special activity. Such events as Day Camp, Upward Sports Camp, Student Life for Kids Camp, and Vacation Bible School give grade school children wonderful events to look forward to and then to enjoy!
Together With BooksStory Time for Parent and Child is a special ministry of the library in cooperation with the preschool ministry. It is held in the library at 10:00 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month, September through May, for children ages 3 to 5. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Siblings are always welcome.
During story time, a carefully selected picture book is read to the children by the librarian or special guest. Then the children make an age-appropriate craft or participate in a special activity that relates to the story. Parents are encouraged to spend time reading to their children while in the library and may check out books to take home.
The purpose of Together with Books is to:
- Expose preschoolers and their parents to good children’s literature
- Enable parents to spend quality time with their preschoolers at church
- Develop a love of reading from an early age
- Help parents select the best books for their children
- Introduce young families to the resources of the library
- Reach preschoolers and their families for the Lord Jesus Christ and First Baptist Church
For more information call Nancy Uriniak, FBC Librarian at 940.723.2764 ext. 2194 or email her at email@example.com
Day CampChildren who have completed grades 1& 2 enjoy this camp at our First Baptist Church Downtown Campus with affordable, age appropriate activities that are supervised by a trained staff in a safe, Christian environment!
Camp Activities Include. . .
- Bible Stories
- Special Guests
For further information contact Sherrie Carter, Director of Children’s Ministries, at 940.723.2764, ext. 2056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upward Sports CampChildren completing grades 3-5 are invited to attend Upward Sports Camp with sport choices including basketball, soccer, volleyball, cheerleading, and flag football. (Classes offered depend on sign up.) This affordable summer camp at our First Baptist Church Downtown Campus offers age appropriate activities supervised by a well-trained staff in a wholesome, safe, Christian environment!
- Choose a sport.
- Work with a coach on sports skills in the mornings.
- After lunch, hear a speaker teach a message from the Bible.
- Enjoy crafts, recreation, and special guests in the afternoon.
For further information contact Sherrie Carter, Director of Children’s Ministries, at 940.723.2764 ext. 2056 or email at email@example.com.
Student Life for Kids Camp (SL4K Camp)*
For many of our campers this is their first overnight camping experience and they view it as the highlight of their summer. Counselors and staff make every effort to guarantee that campers have a good time, are safe, and have lots of opportunities to hear God’s word and respond to it. Many decisions for Christ are made at SL4K Camp! It is an overnight camp located at Austin College in Sherman, Texas. Overnight camp is for children that have completed Grades 3-5. Space for SL4K Camp is limited. Sign up usually begins in March and fills up FAST!
*This is an Overnight Camp.
- Charter bus ride
- Beautiful Austin College Campus
- High Energy Worship led by the SL4K band
- Featured Speaker who really relates God's Word to kids
- PLUS Family Group Bible Study, AND
- Enlivening Recreation including water games, swimming and arcade games!
JOIN US FOR VBS...
Vacation Bibile School is the "BEST" week of the summer! The entire community of children is invited to this FREE event where all the stops are pulled out to provide an unforgettable week that keeps them coming back for more each year! (For children entering kindergarten in the fall though grade 5 completed)
VBS 2012 Photos
- Arts & Crafts
- Popcorn & Popsicles
- Bible Games & Stories
- Praise & Worship
- Plus... Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
- LIVE Animals
- HUGE Inflatable Games
- GRAND FINALE presentation on Friday with a Special Guest!
For further information, contact Sherrie Carter, Director of Children's Ministries, 940.723.2764, ext 2056 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org