Special ActivitiesEvery boy and girl anticipates a special activity. Such events as Day Camp, Upward Sports Camp, Student Life for Kids Camp, and Vacation Bible School give grade school children wonderful events to look forward to and then to enjoy!
Together With BooksStory Time for Parent and Child is a special ministry of the library in cooperation with the preschool ministry. It is held in the library at 10:00 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month, September through May, for children ages 3 to 5. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Siblings are always welcome.
During story time, a carefully selected picture book is read to the children by the librarian or special guest. Then the children make an age-appropriate craft or participate in a special activity that relates to the story. Parents are encouraged to spend time reading to their children while in the library and may check out books to take home.
The purpose of Together with Books is to:
- Expose preschoolers and their parents to good children’s literature
- Enable parents to spend quality time with their preschoolers at church
- Develop a love of reading from an early age
- Help parents select the best books for their children
- Introduce young families to the resources of the library
- Reach preschoolers and their families for the Lord Jesus Christ and First Baptist Church
For more information call Nancy Uriniak, FBC Librarian at 940.723.2764 ext. 2194 or email her at email@example.com